* Jay Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-01-03 10:48]:
> I have the basics of a v* file parser/generator underway. This stemmed
> from my initial need to parse vCard files (because Apple's Address Book
> can't print and I needed my xmas card labels! *** ) and ultimately
> vCalendar files. These modules will also be able to write
> v(Calendar|Card|\w+) files back out as the need/demand arises.

Nice.  Out of curiosity, how standalone is the parser, and on what (if
anything) is it based?  How flexible is it?  (I have a passing interest
in VCal parsers.)

> Or, is there a more relevant section of CPAN for data-specific formats?

How about putting them under Data::vFile ?

> *** so I read the RFCs, checked out Net::ICal, exported my Address book
> into a vCard file & wrote a simple parser that let me fire the vCard
> data into PDFLib to make address label sheets which I then happily
> printed out and set off my cards - albeit late by then.

You should make that code available somewhere, too.

(darren)

--
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention, with the possible exceptions of handguns and Tequila.