On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 10:49:15AM -0500, Jay Lawrence wrote:
> I have the basics of a v* file parser/generator underway. This stemmed
> from my initial need to parse vCard files (because Apple's Address Book
> can't print and I needed my xmas card labels! *** ) and ultimately
> vCalendar files. These modules will also be able to write
> v(Calendar|Card|\w+) files back out as the need/demand arises.
>
> I am aware of Net::ICal which works with [iv]Calendar files - however
> given its dependance on other modules (Class::MakeMethods or
> MethodMaker?) and a few other reasons I have elected not to use it.

Jay,

This is something that seems good to me.  However, I'm somewhat perturbed at
your mention of reliance on a another module as a reason against using
something.  I'm biased; I'm the maintainer of Class::MethodMaker.  However,
given that you're promoting code reuse by offering your module(s) uo to CPAN,
why simultaneously denigrate it by implicitly speaking against the use of
other modules?

Mx.