On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 08:39:26AM -0800, Arthur Corliss wrote:
> Speaking of disk space modules, etc., I've been thinking of trying to find a
> place to put some os-independent code that accomplishes much the same thing,
> but includes LVM data (like unallocated blocks assigned to a volume group,
> member logical drives, logical drive to physical drive(s) maps, etc.).
>
> I've already written all of this for AIX (4.3.3/5L), and will be adding IRIX
> (XVM) support soon.  My first impression is that this would go under
> Parse::LVM since it parses the output of standard system commands.  Should
> there instead be a Filesys::LVM::* or LVM::* tree for this kind of
> functionality?

I would certainly look for that kind of thing in Filesys:: .  I fear it would
get lost in LVM (and the acronym doesn't mean much without the Filesys::
context), and though it may choose to receive its information by parsing a
command, that's implementation --- not purpose.

Filesys::LVM sounds splendid to me.  And please do upload it --- this sounds
like a very good module to have around!

Mx.