I wouldn't mind there being something in PAUSE that says "you have to touch the module once a year." I don't mean worthless updates, like MJD was talking about in one of his lightning talks, but at least that you have an interest in maintaining it.

There's a distro on CPAN now called lcwa that I would love to see disappear. It's from 1997 and it's one of those distros that included all its necessary parts rather than rely on depencies. Unfortunately, those parts are 6 years out of date, but come up in searches on the modules.

Do a search on search.cpan.org for "HTTP::Response", a pretty common module. The first hit that comes up is the one from lcwa, and if you're not paying attention to the distro name (or you're a relative newbie who doesn't realize he needs to), you're going to be looking at 6-year-old docs for the module.

It turns out that in June there were 4000+ hits on modules in the lcwa distro instead of their "real" distros. That skews my stats for the Phalanx project, but more importantly, it means that 4000 times users got old docs.

xoa
--
Andy Lester => [EMAIL PROTECTED] => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance