Christopher Hicks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Nicholas Clark wrote:
>
> > How much do you hate mailman for all those "here is a reminder of your
> > mailing list memberships" messages?
>
> They're only slightly irritating and I get a dozen of them every month.
> If they wouldn't show up on lists that I'd actually been active on I'd
> probably read some lists more often.

For me, these mails are automatically stored in a local GNUs group. I
keep them. I only visit this group when there are new messages (all
handled automatically by GNUs). Since message threading is enabled, I
can see immediately if there are new messages, or just repeats of
messages I already have. A single keystroke purges the duplicates.

In short, 'happy mailman day' costs me only three keystrokes.

-- Johan