Simon, Can you please give us serious answers. Writting to this list take
valuable time from me and from those reading the mails.

> > - Authors don't answer or have given up on maintaining there modules
> THEY ARE VOLUNTEERS.

Please don't shout if it's note to show you're happy. Check the discussion
we had about Roman.pm a few weeks ago. My point is not to force anyone to
develop anything but that when a module is released and the author can't
maintain it, the curators job would be to design a new maintainer. Period.

Now, surf to: http://search.cpan.org/recent

and check:

Haver-Server-0.02 -- Perl extension for blah blah blah

You might think it's OK but I don't.

Here is an example of what changed from version 0.07 to 0.08 for a module
(loaded 10 mn after 0.07)

0.08    Sun Feb 16 16:21:00 2004
                Fixed MANIFEST for test.pl

Everybody makes mistakes. I just would like to help people not do this kind
of mistakes.

Since I have missed the document, you might be able to point to it instead
for telling me that I have missed it. And no, sear.cpan.org isn't a silver
bullet though I use it more than cpan.org.

Cheers, Nadim.

"Simon Cozens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Khemir Nadim) writes:
> > Everything that was said in this thread was very interresting and I,
too,
> > belive things should get better and I encourage those that want to do
things
> > _now_.
>
> None of these ideas are new.
>
> > - Any one can start whatever hierarchy
>
> This is not a problem, now we have search.cpan.org.
>
> > - Anyone can load whatever piece of code to CPAN, good or bad
>
> I don't agree that this is a problem.
>
> > - Documentation level is a catastrophy, check how many readme are those
> > generated by h2xs
>
> But the generation was added to h2xs because people weren't putting in
> READMEs, and so an autogenerated one is better than nothing!
>
> > - The document about how to use CPAN is not clear enough or I haven't
found
> > the right one yet
>
> You haven't found the right one yet.
>
> > - 25 versions of the same module do no make it easy to look around in
CPAN