Matthew Sachs wrote:
On Jul 14, 2004, at 12:11, Randy W. Sims wrote:

Fergal Daly wrote:

Does META.yaml have a place for keyowrds?

As limiting and as clumsy as it seems, I think that if keywords are added then it should be from a limited set of keywords, i.e. more of a classification scheme, really, where modules can appear under multiple classifications.

Keywords are necessarily specific to the domain of the module, so I don't think that any global entity can designate an appropriate fixed set. For instance, my module Net::OSCAR implements the protocol used by AOL Instant Messenger, so I'd give it keywords ["OSCAR", "AIM", "IM", "AOL Instant Messenger", "instant messenger", "instant messaging", "chat"].

Classification for a module would probably be something like:

Net :: Protocol
Communications :: Chat :: AOL Instant Messenger
(That last comes from sf.net's topic system)

With the classification above AND a good one line synopsis of the module (which is already part of META.yml) most, if not all, of your keywords are covered.

Randy.