On Jun 16, 2005, at 11:04 PM, Eric Wilhelm wrote:

Ok, and maybe I showing my age here, but is *this* where the
negated-options thing comes from?  I.E. is this the historic (and
entire) reason for having the 'foo!' syntax in Getopt::Long?

If so, is that why there is so much resistance to evaluating in anything
besides command-line order?

I dunno. Personally, I think you should just write your module. =) Don't call it ::Modern or ::User, because clearly there's a lot of disagreement among the users here, call it something like ::NonExclusive. But it seems like the worst that could happen is that people don't use it.

 -Ken