I'm looking for naming advice. I have created a new module that reads Macromedia FLV (Flash Video) files. It's primary purpose is to extract metadata about the video files (number of frames, pixel dimensions, audio settings, etc). Currently at v0.01 it has no support for editing or saving FLV files, but that's a future possibility. (or perhaps as part of a separate module?)

I'm currently calling it FLV::Info in analogy to MP3::Info and SWF::File. I'd love to put it in the SWF namespace for better findability, but I think that's just not right because SWF and FLV are parallel file formats despite being closely related.

So, is FLV::Info fine? Or File::FLV? Or File::FLV::Parser? Or Video::FLV?

The current usage is like this:
    use FLV::Info;
    my $reader = FLV::Info->new();
    $reader->parse('video.flv');
    my %info = $reader->get_info();
    print "$info{video_count} video frames\n";
    print $reader->report();

Chris
--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software (http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)