Hi all,

yes, yes, a templating module. Shush.

This one differs because it’s a pure-XML approach. The templates
must be well-formed XML, and the design of the template language
is built to ensure, as best as possible, that the output is
well-formed at all times as well.

Much to my dismay, the obvious XML::Template choice is taken;
particularly to my dismay, that module there follows a really
terrible design that I find impossible to use. (That was one of
the reasons I set out to write another templating module at all.)
The design of mine is very much like Text::Template in a lot of
ways, if you disregard the strong XML slant.

So now I’ve got to come up with a name. It’s going to be a
variation on XML::Template, obviously. The differentiating point
that the name should convey is that the templating language is
designed to be both more Perlish and more XMLish than that of
XML::Template. (Another criterion is that I must not feel silly
whenever I mention being the author of that module. :^) )

I briefly considered XML::Template::Native, but in retrospect,
that is rather vacuous (and would likely fail the silliness
criterion in the long term). It may also be confused as having to
do with XML::Template, so I believe it’s better to aim for a name
of the form XML::FooTemplate.

Anyone have suggestions?

TIA,
--
#Aristotle
*AUTOLOAD=*_;sub _{s/(.*)::(.*)/print$2,(",$\/"," ")[defined wantarray]/e;$1};