On 8/15/06, Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Quoting Ovid:

Said in another way, if you feel that there is a number of modules that
need a new maintainer while bug are piling up, it's usually not because
the author doesn't want to give the co-maintenance, but because nobody
wants to deal with such unfun work.

Creating a web site which shows the modules in dire need of maintenance
is a good thing, but the next question is: how many people here will then
accept to maintain such modules? (History has shown that this number is
very low.)

There were quite a number of times I wrote to module authors asking to
help with their modules. In many cases I have not heard back from them.

As I see most of the modules are usually maintained by one person.
It might be better if we could encourage co-maintenance of modules.
Even small ones. The infrastructure to allow other people to upload
the same module is there.

If there are two maintainers it is much morel ikely that when one of
them gets busy or tired the other one can still carry on AND find a
new co-developer/co-maintainer.

I can only describe what I feel:
Personally I would not like to pass maintainership to anyone as I am
still in the phase of *I want to reinvent that wheel* but I would really like
to get some help with both my modules and my applications.
I am not sure what would be the a good way to encourage people to
cooperate more.

Gabor