On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> I guess there are essentially three categories of module
>
> 1 active, maintained
> 2 actively used, abandoned
> 3 not used, not maintained
>
> It'd be nice to be able to weed out some of the modules in category 3
> and identify cat 2 modules with a view to flagging them as abandoned
> so that when/if a new maintainer came along the takeover processes
> could be fast tracked.

So... what does the A in CPAN stand for again?

I'm not sure how easy it would be to track #3, because people could be
downloading the modules from other sites, or in different packaged
formats.  And I don't understand what the benefit of removing a module would
be just because it isn't deemed to be immediately useful.

Christopher Josephes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]