On 12 Jan 2007, at 15:55, Chris wrote:
So... what does the A in CPAN stand for again?

Hang on... It's on the tip of my tongue...

I'm not sure how easy it would be to track #3, because people could be
downloading the modules from other sites, or in different packaged
formats. And I don't understand what the benefit of removing a module would
be just because it isn't deemed to be immediately useful.

Noise reduction / cage cleaning basically.

Everything gets archived in backpan anyway - and I'm not necessarily proposing removing things from CPAN - but if we could add some metadata about whether a module was actively supported that alone might be useful for people.

And actually I'm not really proposing anything concrete - just trying to work out how we collectively feel on this topic.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net