On 25 Feb 2008, at 18:10, Guy Hulbert wrote:
On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 16:29 +0000, Andy Armstrong wrote:
Personally I'd like such a test to be standard in MakeMaker,
because
I am
of the (old fashioned) opinion that if %Config says that there is a
compiler and there isn't one, then it's lying (and the instalation
is broken,
for a small value of broken)

+1 for that. But it doesn't solve my immediate problem :)

-1

Many linux distros distribute binary packages ... the value of cc will
be the compiler used to build the package.

I meant +1 to MakeMaker knowing whether the compiler is actually available.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten