On 25 Feb 2008, at 18:42, Guy Hulbert wrote:
You still need to figure out whether to check 'ccversion' or
'gccversion' to when $Config{cc} can be either 'cc' or 'gcc' and also
how to find the '--version' string on windows ... but it looks doable.

I'm using Devel::CheckLib and relying on David Cantrell to make it all work. If there's a problem in his compiler detection logic it's more likely to get fixed quickly than it is if I roll some ad-hoc code of my own. It's also more likely to get detected before it impacts directly on my module.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten