Hello,

I prefer the individual package versioning too.

What I have experienced over time is that single packages sometimes are separated out into separate distributions and due to the nature of the Perl package name spacing, a version number should be at least present.

Nothing speaks against not doing this until actual separation time, but I must admit I prefer packages having separate life cycles and version history since a distribution is just a matter of packaging and upon installation, distributions do seem to dissolve into the filesystem as separate packages only related in their coupling.

jonasbn