On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:51 AM, Ken Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 6:09 AM, Gabor Szabo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 6) In this mail I have not yet dealt with how exactly the license is
>> spelled out in the distribution (eg. LICENSE file) and in the
>> individual files (the blurb we have in the =LICENSE entries of
>> the modules).
>
> Lately I've been thinking that the 'dist' phase should automatically
> write out a LICENSE or COPYING file with the full text of the license.
>  That way the author could declare the license once, in the Build.PL,
> and not have to mention it in (or keep it in sync with) the POD in the
> .pm files.

Automatically writing a LICENSE file (probably using Software::License)
might be good legally but I am not sure, the plain multiplication of
those texts is necessary.

Not keeping =LICENSE and =COPYRIGHT entries in the POD in .pm files
- if that's what you were suggesting - seems to me like a step backwards
in the strength of the license. At least if I am not mistaken the Debian
people would prefer if we had the copyright and license in *every* file.

Anyway I am not a lawyer so I'd wait with this till Allison can get a
real legal
advice of what *should* be the form of the license and copyright.
I hope she will be able to get this information soon and then we can
move forward with the implementation of the various parts of it.

regards
   Gabor