On Mar 26, 2010, at 16:02, Arthur Corliss wrote:

> Why use rsync, then?  Why not have checkpointed logs on cpan with
> additions/removals logged by date so you can roll forward on the client,
> processing only those files?  It would be trivial to set up and a lot more
> efficient.

I find it curious that everyone who's actually involved in syncing the files or
running mirror servers seem to think it generally sounds like a good idea and
everyone who doesn't say it's "not worth the effort".

Anyway -- we have some other ideas for cutting down the number of files that we
already agreed on but just needs announcement (which I promised to write up,
oops).  No, I'm not going to make Tim's mistake and suggest it here first.

Tim: Next time just get the paint in your preferred color.  :-)

 - ask