Devel::Tool::Capability

But that's still not good enough. tell us more and we can help with
better names. EG: is it just for tools? just development tools? ...

It would be nice if, someday, we agree on what Devel:: "should" contain.

I'll hijack this thread a bit and point at one or two things I ahve
noticed for some time now. Keep in mind that, as a perl dev, I don't
want to force anything (not too much anyway) but since the number of
PAUSE accounts has doubled lately, we may need some "social" coordination.

- too many modules steal top levels
- too many apps are not under App::
- too many modules are just one level down, eg: Devel::Something in
  place of Devel::SomeType::MaybeSubType::Something.
- too many sub modules don't have proper documentation or could be made
  much more usable (I hate to say that I make the same error)
- maybe we need a more dynamic naming scheme. I create NKH::XX but I want it
  under Devel::Tool::Capability but later the concensus is that it
  should be under ACME::BikeShed::Pump. We already have modules that do
  that but the other way around.
- the taxonomy found on search.cpan.org or other is
  archaïc and makes findind modules more difficult than necessary. if
  CPAN is Perl's number two attribute then we may need to do something
  about it.
- the search itself should allow for nearby words or misspelled words
- too many apps are not on CPAN
- YAPCs should have "starting and naming your modules" workshops (among
  other, and yes I'm volunteering not just complaining, and I think it
  can be a lot of fun too)
- worst of all, authors don't fill the "See Also" section anymore

Cheers, Nadim

+++ David Cantrell [Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 07:32:04AM +0100]: