There is a tendency to put apps under App::. I don't know if those meet
the "more than trivial script" requirement or not and it's not all that
important. The other problem is that Application support modules have
historically been under App:: too.

IMVHO, Apps are not unders CPAN because the interface to cpan is one of
the search engines (and the most used is not open!) and those search
engines, which I'm very happy with, are as useful to applications as 2
1/2 wrench is to a Masserati retail booth. It doesn't look sexy enough.

The question being, do we do something about it, and I believe it is
time people realise application written in Perl exist, or do we just let
it be.

my favorit subject, if not the most frustrating, is "why aren't there more
applications that accept perl plugins? I believe this was were we lost a
lot of ground to Python. It may not be important that other apps can be
scripted with Perl. We have another niche. The real problem is that
those plugins attract a lot of developers and we need a blood
transfusion. We may be good at what we are doing ut we're not getting
younger. Apps attract youngsters.

As Damian said, "Yes I'm getting older but also more cunning" so not all
hope is lost, Nadim.

+++ Johan Vromans [Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 01:04:39PM +0200]: