On 10-09-13 07:50 AM, Nadim Khemir wrote:
I'm curious, someone care to comment?

I'm surprised that a specialized variable like @_ is not optimized for shift. All that is needed is to more the pointer to the next item in the array. The space used by the previous first item need not be recovered right away; the entire array will be recovered when the sub finishes. And this won't use more memory. Simply because if you copy instead, the whole array stays around until the sub finishes anyway.

The other variable that could be optimized is @ARGV.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

The secret to great software:  Fail early & often.

Eliminate software piracy:  use only FLOSS.