Hi,

some of you might know that Perl is quite underrepresented in the Windows
world. So although my main OS is Linux I thought giving a hand there might
be interesting. Therefore recently I started to run a CPAN smoker
http://www.cpantesters.org/ on a Windows XP machine running Strawberry
Perl 5.12.3.

I encountered a number of modules that got stuck on during the smoking.
In some cases I spent some time trying to figure out the issue or
at least to report to the author and sometimes to RT.
In some of the cases I got quick replies and in a few cases the module was
fixed in hours.

This made me very happy and it felt my time was well spent.

Still, I guess in the majority of the cases the tests just failed, the
report was sent
to the http://www.cpantesters.org/ and the authors got notified.

I assume that some of you are running Linux only and might have no clue at
all how to make your module work on Windows. I don't know much either
but at least I have a Windows running in a VirtualBox so I can try things
and report them back.

Luckily there are some folks on both the CPAN Testers mailing list
http://lists.perl.org/list/cpan-testers-discuss.html
and on the Vanilla Perl list
http://win32.perl.org/wiki/index.php?title=Win32_Mailing_Lists
(subscribe by sending empty message to win32-vanilla-subscr...@perl.org
who actually know Windows quite well.

So I'd like to ask you all to check the test reports of your modules and if you
have consistent failures of one of your modules on Windows then try to fix them.
If you need any help, please send a message on either of those mailing list
asking people how to fix specific Windows related issues.

You can see the report matrix of your modules by visiting

http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?author=pauseid

just replace "pauseid" with your pauseid in lowercase.

thank you for your time!

regards
   Gabor

--