On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Shmuel Fomberg <ow...@semuel.co.il> wrote:
> Hi Gabor.
>>
>> 3) running external perl scripts
>>
>> Code like this (in a test)
>>
>>     `path/to/other/perl/script param param`
>>
>> is not a good idea on Linux either as this will use the perl in the
>> sh-bang
>> instead of the "current" perl which is running the tests.
>> These might be different version of Perl.
>>
> Btw, related to your comment, I think that Padre run itself using wxPerl,
> without regarding on which Perl it is running.
> So it I have two Perl versions installed, and both of them have Wx, and
> tries to run padre as perl5.xx.x padre.pl,
> it will actually run on whatever Perl that was installed last instead.

If I am not mistaken you are running on Mac OSX. I know there is some special
casing for that in our code but I don't have a Mac to try it. As I mentioned on
other channels Mark Dootson might be the best person to talk to regarding this
as he is familiar with Mac and is also a Padre developer.

In any case I'd appreciate if we could handle bug reports on the
#padre IRC channel or on the padre-dev mailing list. See them here:
http://padre.perlide.org/contact.html

Regards
  Gabor