Hello Shawn,

sorry for the late response. I'm CCing module-authors becase you did not
explicitly specify that you wish this reply to be kept private.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 5:56 PM, Shawn M Moore via RT <
cpan-questi...@bestpractical.com> wrote:

> On Fri Nov 18 06:01:48 2016, shlo...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Dear rt-cpan-admin
>
> Hi Shlomi,
>
> > On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Shlomi Fish <shlo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear sirs and madams,
> > >
> > > thanks for maintaining http://rt.cpan.org/ .
> > >
> > > There is, however, a long-standing problem with it that the site keeps
> > > logging me out (usually after I close my browser), and I keep having to
> > > login again. This makes it frustrating to use rt.cpan.org. Please fix it
> > > as soon as possible.
>
> RT uses session cookies (also called transient cookies) which, as you
> describe, usually clear when you close your browser. It's a tradeoff we make
> for security.
>
> I see. That sounds like a very bad trade off in this day and age, because
people often need to reboot for new kernel / new libc / system update /
etc. or they need to restart their browsers because they either crashed or
started consuming too much RAM (and as you may know - browsers like Firefox
or GChromium have recently become memory hogs).

I suppose I can convert to use GitHub Issues / GitLab Issues / Bitbucket
Issues / etc. - at least for my own CPAN distributions - but this will
involve a lot of manual tweaking and uploading new versions. Perhaps it
will be the last straw for creating my own Dist Zilla PluginBundle.

Regards,

-- Shlomi Fish

--
Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/

You can never truly appreciate The Gilmore Girls until you've watched it in
the original Klingon.