On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 10:52:03AM -0700, Jim Trocki wrote:
> this is a matter of historical record which should be public. rather
> than post his patched version to the mailing list for everyone to have a
> gander at and do something with if they chose, he sent them only to me

Sounds like he wanted to respect your role as maintainer of Mon, and run
major changes by you before releasing them to anyone else.  The patches
probably arrived at a moment when you didn't have time to look at them,
allowing the misunderstanding and subsequent miscommunication to fester.

These kinds of problems would be less likely to happen if we were using
Sourceforge or the like, since both the latest development version and
submitted patches would be publicly visible to all.

        -- Ed