The http_tppnp.monitor has features to monitor proxy servers.

You can do this:

hostgroup internet [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

watch pr-internet
       service http_tp
       interval 5m
       monitor http_tppnp.monitor --nocache --log
/usr/local/mon/logs/http-YYYYMM.log \
       period p1: wd {Sun-Sat}

There is also a "Smart Alarm" feature that lets you write a module
that can decide if an alert should occur, such as "all sites not
accessible from one proxy", or "all monitored Internet sites ar not
responding".

watch pr-internet
       service http_tp
       interval 5m
       monitor http_tppnp.monitor --nocache --log
/usr/local/mon/logs/http-YYYYMM.log \
                              --forcesmartalarm --smartalarm
httpSmartAlarm2 \
                              --sacfg
/usr/local/mon/etc/httpSmartAlarm.cfg
       period p1: wd {Sun-Sat}

The latest version of http_tppnp.monitor is in the new release of mon.

Jon