What is the preferred alert escalation method people are using?

Say you want your Jr. admin. to get pages every time something fails,
but you (the Sr. admin.) only wants to receive pages when something
continues to fail (i.e. your Jr. blows it). What sort of
configurations are people implementing to do this?

I could have sworn that I saw something in one of the example
configuration files or the documentation, but now I can't seem to find
it.

I am thinking multiple periods within each service with different
alertafters. Anyone else have something more interesting?

--
Augie Schwer    -    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    -    http://schwer.us