Eric Wong <normalper...@yhbt.net> wrote:
> Hongli Lai <hon...@phusion.nl> wrote:
> > Hi Eric.
> >
> > It would appear that recent Rails 3 changes have broken unicorn_rails,
> > just like they broke Phusion Passenger. Here's a patch which fixes the
> > problem.
> > http://gist.github.com/429944
>
> Thanks Hongli, so this only affects people who remove the
> config.ru that Rails 3 creates for them?  Yikes...

And for the completely bizzare: Rails 3 is ultra aggressive
when searching for config.ru, it walks up the directory tree,
even going all the way up to "/" if it can't find config.ru.

I had a $HOME/config.ru leftover from a test on one of my boxes, and
usually have my working directory in $HOME/unicorn.   This was was
causing the unicorn_rails test for this (t0301) to fail because that
test relies on Rails /not/ being able to find config.ru.

So yes, don't leave random artifacts lying around and love strace :)

--
Eric Wong