I was once a noob, and I found it very difficult to write moo code. But I didn't even know much about Javascript either. I still don't know a lot about Javascript, but I can do pretty much everything I have ever needed with MooTools, and it makes sense now.

To begin with, I had a hard time figuring out the demos, and how to adapt them. . . now it makes a lot of sense, and I don't need a demo or plugin to accomplish so much! I just use core, and some of more, and maybe one more well written plugin like cerabox. It's clean, fast, and functional!