hi,

I am in the same position as you are, I learnt the mootools ways and never
give raw Javascript a shot till I saw Mootools slowly going this way..

Let me explain as I understand Prime..

Prime is Node.js module, which you can require when needed, it is like
calling specific pieces of Mootools, which Mootools is one single piece
where you can use it in your web application..

Example:

  In Mootools you have, typeOf() , in Prime would be this :

   var type =  require("prime/type");

   console.log(type("string") );// "string"

  Mootools way:

  console.log(typeOf('String'));//string

So as you can see, you can use Prime as modules which you use specific
parts of the framework,  Mootools however you use the whole framework and
maybe you just wanted to use some of its parts instead of the whole thing..

Prime I think can be used on the client side, website too but I guess you
don't use require method because it is only available in Node.js, I have
never tried Prime in Node.js or Client side (Website) but I imaging you
would use.

<script type="text/javaScript" src="/prime/module name"></script>

and use it as described in github, but I am unsure, I guess people with better
acknowledge could fill you in way better than me..

since I got a depression trying to learn Jquery and damn head won't let me,
I mean looks easy to learn but so awkward that you forget the syntax.. and
I don't work much on this web stuff.. it is just like a hobby, because
never learned proper css and  designing website so I tend to forget what I
learn till I need to create again, which with mootools I can't forget it
because its ways is just kool and has a normal behavior..

hope this helps you to see things better and if there a person that could
explain better or if I am totally wrong that could explain us better how
this thing works.

--

---