[No need to CC: me directly as I use the list via -mail.]

> Thanks for the help.  Actually, I misspoke.  I was using the validation URL
> you provided.
> For some reason, I thought it was W3Schools.

Well, the validator is not case-sensitive, so I don't know how you got
a failure.

Here is the very simplest jsFiddle with the <BODY OnLoAd> inline
event:

       http://jsfiddle.net/H2zMk/3

I touched up the BODY tag under Fiddle Options on the left.

Here's a shortcut to that jsFiddle's 'Result' window:

       http://jsfiddle.net/H2zMk/3/show/

Here's that 'Result' passed through the W3C validator:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fjsfiddle.net%2FH2zMk%2F1%2Fshow%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

> I tried putting my code into JSFiddle, but it didn't seem to work.
> It wouldn't allow me to have any html inside my javascript (which is
> valid)

HTML inside your JavaScript... in a string, you mean? Provide an
example of what you're trying to do.

> nor could I have document.write("")

Actually, jsFiddle will allow it to run, but strongly discourages it.
As it should.

You should be using document.body.appendText('text') or other
DOM-aware methods.

> My immediate problem is fixed, but can anyone point me to anything
> on how to use JSFiddle or another good free javascript debugger?

I'd have to understand what you're trying and failing to do in
jsFiddle first.

jsFiddle isn't exactly a debugger IMO -- it's a lab, but *debugging*
is still done through the browser's Developer Tools (F12).

-- S.

--

---