I posted on APF on this, that the boosting isn¹t necessarily intentional.
If you take Bruce¹s or Rich¹s photos and open them in Microsoft picture
manager or iPhoto on the Mac, select edit and then do autocorrect, you will
end up with an image with higher saturation and increased contrast.
Obviously both Microsoft and Apple believe that an accurate image is
somewhat hotter than an ANSI corrected image.

Further, your perception of the true appearance is influenced by a lot of
factors, not the least of which is the light you are viewing it under.
Bright light, dim light, incandescent, CFL, tube flourescent, Œdaylight¹
flourescent, LED.  They are all going to make the picture Œpop¹ to varying
extents.

I am not sure I am willing to accuse Heritage of making the images too vivid
when it could simply be that they use the picture editor defaults for
corrections.

Jay Nemeth-Johannes
8901 N Rexleigh Dr
Bayside, WI 53217