I couldn't have said it better. Bravo, Richard. FRANC

-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Richard
Halegua Comic Art
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2012 9:26 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Are "boosted" images clever marketing or outright
deception?

Kerry, it is correct that you can get on a soapbox such as MoPo or
APF and publicly post and yes, an open discussion is endorsed. However,
there comes a point where facts are not always in the favor
of the person posting.
You have admitted that you have never bought from Heritage, therefore
you have no idea whether any of the conjecture you pose is even close
to true, however if you go back back and read all of your posts both
in this thread and on APF, some of your comments come across as
stated facts and/or leading questions indicating facts. That's just wrong.

Bruce has a boner for Heritage, so he constantly stirs the pot and
"gins up the crowd". One can only guess what motivation he has and
myself, while I have expressed privately to Bruce my opinions, I'm
not in the habit of attacking my competitors in any way and at the
same time, I'm not one to tell Bruce or Heritage how to do anything
they do either commercially or personally. Bruce and Grey are both big boys

If I have a bone to pick with someone - and I'm not talking about
posting about some stupid ebay seller who doesn't know how to ship -
I may tell a friend, but I'm not all that likely to post about it
publicly except in extreme cases, like if someone screws me straight
up I might say something about that.

Bruce has done great things for the movie poster hobby over the last
30 years and he was pretty good in comics before that. Similarly, Heritage
has done great things for the hobby in the last
10 years. Grey Smith himself was no stranger to the movie poster
hobby long before he took a job at Heritage (although I was not
fortunate enough to have known him then).

as I stated on APF, the photography people at Heritage work
autonomously from the Movie Poster people. The same goes for every
division under the corporate umbrella at Heritage. Photographers work
under certain teachings - color correction, image correction, certain
lighting conditions, using high def CMOS element cameras, they use a
photography table that opens up so you can put a poster down and then
it closes so that a large glass panel presses down on the poster
flattening it out for photography. They color match their monitors
and their scanner or cameras so that what they see is what they get.
They do all kinds of things that Bruce and I do not.

My own photos for my auctions aren't made to be color-perfect matches
to the poster in front of me. My photos are meant specifically so
that you can see condition issues. I don't use a CMOS camera. I don't
have a professional photography table and I can't get away from the
fluorescent lights that are installed in this place. But I have not
had a single complaint EVER that my photos do not match the item I am
selling and as a Heritage buyer my feelings are no different.

I don't see any benefits from anyone trying to run down someone else
who is doing fantastic things for the poster hobby.