First, it's Cathy that adores the minuet, (and second) the Ballet Russe and Crepe Suzette.

Come on Greg...LOLOL

(Im just jivin' ya).

:)

Jeff

On Mar 29, 2016, at 12:31 PM, Greg Douglass wrote:

"So sad; she/he wasn't that old...."
I'm hearing that appended to more and more written tributes on MOPO and elsewhere.
None of us are "that old" until....we are.
I toured the UK with Sam Andrew, guitarist for Big brother & the Holding Co., in 2014. We had a great time and a wonderful personal and musical rapport. We planned a two guitar tour and were making preparations for for it when he was struck down by a heart attack in January 2015. I think that's the first time I used the phrase "He wasn't that old" (he was 72). The Reaper is like some white trash trailer park dwelling relative. When he shows up at the door, you don't want to let him in, but you have to because, in some macabre way, he's kin. Meantime, let us not dwell on our own mortality . Let us not spend our days ruminating on our own personal sell-by date. We know it's coming. Instead fill your days creating good and new things, finding ways to acquire that special poster, making ourselves and those we love happy, and honoring those great talents that brought us all into this wonderful little hobby. Today's ear-worm for me is: "Patty adores a minuet, the Eiffel Tower, and Crepes Suzette, but Patty loves rock'n'roll, a hot dog makes her lose control, What a wild duet!"
RIP.
Love those personal stories, Sue. Let's all keep 'em coming!
Greg Douglass
---- Susan <filmfantast...@msn.com> wrote:
She was a wonderful person. I did a couple of films with her back in the 70's and 80's. I love her performance in The Miracle Worker and still watch old reruns of The Patty Duke Show. She was also fabulous in Valley of the Dolls. I was just speaking about her a couple of days ago telling a friend about going to her home, at the time, in Westwood. It was an early Sunday morning and we were doing a film where the lead actress was fired the day before and Patty was taking over the role, so we were in a rush to catch up. I remember walking by a built in bookcase and there was her Academy Award in the corner of a shelf with a bunch of stuff leaning against it. Her two sons, Sean and Mackenzie, were jumping up and down on the couch and, her husband at the time, John Astin grabbed me by the arm and said "let's make pancakes for everyone"....it is one of my fondest memories. So sad, she wasn't that old.....

Sue
Hollywood Poster Frames