From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Toochis Morin
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 4:38 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Patty Duke 1946-2016

Wonderful story Sue!  She was such a wonderful actress and a lovely person.
May she be in heavenly joy.

Just wanted to share some memories, though few, about Garry Shandling.  I had
been assisting on a project that had several comedians interviewed for a
mockumentary.  Garry was kind and funny in his awkward way.  His subtlety with
his jokes and his physical comedy was amazing. I loved watching him work.

My fondest memory was at an anniversary party where there was Scottish folk
dancing.  All were encouraged to take part.  During the dance we had to switch
partners and I ended up with Garry Shandling.  We were both awkward and he
played it up so much that I was laughing my ass off.  Right before we had to
switch partners again, he broke down laughing too.  We had so much fun and I
got to see a glimpse of his warmth through his shyness.  He's making them laugh
in heaven now.

Toochis

  _____