Dear Mr. Ardón,

Good question. Whenever we make shape comparisons in GM, be that via
displacement vector or deformation grid (which is what you’re doing), we can
typically only compare two shapes at a time. One shape is called the reference
(or starting shape, in this case). This is the shape for which the grid would
look “normal”; straight, equally spaced grid lines. The second is the target,
where the grid is deformed to take this second configuration. If you want to
compare two geographic groups, I would suggest setting one group’s mean shape
to be the starting shape and the other group’s to the target; this will lead to
the most direct comparison. I am not certain how easy this is to do in MorphoJ,
though.

Hope this helps,

James