Good day everybody, I actually have two questions here regarding
semi-landmarks:

So, I was adviced to use semi-landmarks, I placed them with MakeFan8, saved
the files as images and then used TpsDig to place all landmarks, however I
didn't make any distinctions between landmarks and semi-landmarks. What
unsettles me is (1) that I've recently comed across the term "sliding
semi-landmarks", which leads me to believe semi-landmarks should behave in
a particular way.

The second thing that unsettles me is whether "more semi-landmarks" means a
better analysis. I can understand that most people wouldn't use 65
landmarks+semilandmarks because it's a painstaking job to digitize them,
however, in my recent reads I've comed across concepts like a "Variables to
specimen ratio", which one paper suggested specimens should be 5 times the
number of variables. I do have a a data set of nearly 400 specimens, but it
does come short if indeed I should have 65*2*5 specimens!

Please, I'll appreciate some feedback :)