Hi Nicola

When I tried with irstlm 5.80.03, the version mentioned on the Moses
baseline page (http://www.statmt.org/moses/?n=Moses.Baseline), it did
not like the "yes". Has there been a change in irstlm? I can check again.

There has been some history with this argument. You can see in the wiki
history of the Moses baseline page that the "yes" was added (because
some users reported problems) then removed (because other users reported
problems). Clarification of what works with what version of irstlm would
be very useful,

cheers - Barry

On 05/03/14 08:51, Nicola Bertoldi wrote:
> Hi  Janez,
>
> Seth syggested you the right fix
>
> I just checked the IRSTLM documentation
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/irstlm/index.php?title=Estimating_gigantic_models
> and the correct notation is reported there.
>
> Could you please tell me from where do you get the "wrong" information
> So that I correct it.
>

> Nicola
> (on behalf of IRSTLM development team)
>

> On Mar 5, 2014, at 1:36 AM, Seth Jarrett wrote:
>
> First four commands were executed successfuly. The last one failed. Here
> is the result after entering the following command line:zzz <at>
> zzz-laptop:~/lm$ ~/moses/irstlm/bin/compile-lm --text
> news-commentary-v8.fr-en.lm.en.gz news-commentary-v8.fr-en.arpa.en
>
> inpfile: news-commentary-v8.fr-en.arpa.enloading up to the LM level 1000
> (if any)
> dub: 10000000Failed to open news-commentary-v8.fr-en.arpa.en!zzz <at>
> zzz-laptop:~/lm$ ----------------Where we made a mistake? I see the
> xxx.arpa.en listed as input file. Shouldn't be the xxx.arpa.en file an
> output file?Best regards!
>

> I was having the same problem when following the steps in the baseline
> instructions but I was able to get it to work by adding "yes" after --text.
>
> Try this:
>
> ~/moses/irstlm/bin/compile-lm --text yes news-commentary-v8.fr-en.lm.en.gz
> news-commentary-v8.fr-en.arpa.en

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.