From: Minnesota Birds [mailto:mou-...@lists.umn.edu] On Behalf Of
Michael Hendrickson
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:35 PM
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [mou-net] MOU Website & RQD Review Page

Hello:

Well its rainy and I got the day off because of it. I was browsing
around on the MOU website (http://moumn.org/) and noticed on the web
page for Review RQD Documentation
(http://moumn.org/cgi-bin/rqd.pl?op=all) that the MOU website manager(s)
has added a vote column next to the bird that was documented.

This vote section in the Review RQD Documentation gives browsers a full
view of whose bird sighting(s) were rejected by MOURC or accepted by
MOURC.  In other words I can read names of birders who submitted a bird
sighting to MOURC to see if their record was rejected or accepted.  I
think in my opinion its odd we keep names of birders private in the
MOURC Voting Summary articles private.. meaning they that all birders
who contributed bird sightings to MOURC are mention after the article
but not next to bird sightings that were rejected or accepted.  Is it
really necessary to type in next to birders names if their bird sighting
was rejected or not? Should we not keep this private to not embarrass
anyone for records rejected by MOURC? Was that not the whole reason to
not publish names next to accepted or rejected bird sightings in the
Loon articles?

In my opinion I think the MOU web page managers should remove this item
off the page because to me its no ones concern whose record was rejected
or accepted.

Just a thought.

Mike

Mike Hendrickson