I'm in Iowa and monitor the list to see what we might expect for
winter invasions. So I (and others in Iowa) are very interested in
movements of redpolls, snowy's and other northern species.

The recent discussions of ravens was interesting too since I didn't
realize how close this species ranged to Iowa.

Last winter I started feeding some of the snowy's that made it to
central Iowa, which generated a lively debate adbout the ethics of
feeding this uncommon migrant.

And this year I see we are already getting a number of reports of
snowy's moving into Iowa. I hope to convince others to take the time
to feed them if they can.

Joe
Boone County, IA