From: Minnesota Birds <MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU> on behalf of JULIAN SELLERS
<juliansell...@msn.com>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 12:44 PM
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [mou-net] Winter Wren, Ramsey County

Birding this morning with Clay Christensen and other friends, we heard a Winter
Wren sing several times in Reservoir Woods Park in Roseville.  Clay first heard
it just south of the wooden overlook with benches along the Trout Creek Trail,
west of Dale Street.  The coordinates are approximately 45.000781, -93.128497.
It sang a few times at that location, and again a bit later near the trail a
short distance east of that point.  The nearest place to park is a small
parking lot at the north end of Alta Vista Drive.  You can enter Alta Vista
from Dale Street, 50 meters north of Larpenteur Avenue.

Other birds in that area included Red-breasted Nuthatch and Scarlet Tanager.

Julian

St. Paul