Chris,

Chris wrote:

> Sure, I can take a look when I get a chance.  If you have some pointers
> of where to look first that might be helpful.  I don't know when I'll
> get around to doing this though.
>
> I'm currently using Mozilla RC3 on Debian Linux and Win32.  Debian
> version is the Debian packaged version 1.0rc3-2.  Win32 version is the
> 5-23-2002 build.  I'm also testing with RC2 on Sparc Solaris, although I
> would rather not debug there.

The build instructions for NSS 3.3 are at
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/buildnss_33.html .

RC3 was using NSS 3.4, and today NSS 3.5 should be going into the
mozilla 1.0 branch.
The NSS 3.5 branch is NSS_3_5_BRANCH , which is what you want to use
when pulling from cvs .

Specifically when building 3.5 I pull as follows :
cvs co mozilla/nsprpub
cvs co -r NSS_3_5_BRANCH mozilla/security/coreconf mozilla/security/nss
cvs co -r DBM_1_61_RTM mozilla/dbm mozilla/security/dbm

Then I build like this :

setenv NSPR_AUTOCONF 1
cd mozilla/security/nss
gmake nss_build_all

As far as your debugging platform, I would recommend you avoid Linux due
to the lack of support of threads of the debugger. Both Win32 and
Solaris have good debuggers. In any case, the code is the same accross
platforms.

--
"Except for the lack of debugging and the ps thing, [Linux] kernel
threads are generally fine right now. And if you're not too fussed

  Linux-Kernel archive