Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes I am "Afraid" of OS-X. Unlike 9 and Lower even if a individual likes
> to poke around on my computer and do some pings. That all they can do.

That's an unhealthy delusion.  If a person can run arbitrary code on your
system without your approval or knowledge, they can do a great deal.

> X-Windows) on top. Unix has many back Doors and open Holes that can let
> anyone in easily whether you want to or not. So yes i am leary of X

This is complete hogwash.  A system does not become unsecure just because
it gains multiuser capacity.  If you expect people to crack systems just
because they're "Unix" and turned on, I strongly suggest turning your
computer off and hiding under your bedcovers, because you're dealing with
crackers of near-godlike ability.

Most cracks of Unix machines from remote happen through insecure running
services.  If the services are not running, they cannot be cracked.

Please don't cast the illusion that the INABILITY to run these services is
equivalent to superior design.

--
Brandon Hume    - hume -> BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca/
                       -> Solaris Snob and general NOCMonkey