On Mar 1, 2005, at 4:49 AM, Gervase Markham wrote:

Seeing a particular petname is direct and unspoofable assurance that
the site being viewed now is the same site that was being viewed
when that particular petname was assigned.

I'd agree with that, as long as the site is connected to over SSL.

If you, or anyone on the list, would like to experiment with petnames, I have a Firefox extension that implements them. You can find the extension at:

http://www.waterken.com/user/PetnameToolbar/

Any feedback is welcome.

Tyler

---
The web-calculus is the union of REST and capability-based security:
http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/