Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
However, i just discovered that once the menu bar is gone, i can't
figure out any way to get it back. Am i missing something?

I didn't even know it was possible to remove the menu bar (apart from by pressing F11).

It disappears for me with Firefox 1.0.1.  Try

    http://zesty.ca/popup.html

and click on the button -- do you get a popup with no status bar?

I get a 404 Not Found with no status bar. I seem to remember getting one earlier.

Can you make this go to a real file?

When the status bar disappears because the window is too small, there's
also no indication of how to get it back.  You'd have to just know that
you need to enlarge the window.  And if, as in this example, the window
is not resizable, you're really stuck.

Yes. We shouldn't allow this to happen.

I didn't realize there was supposed to be a minimum size for popups.

I believe it's either 100x100px or 150x150px. This has been true for most browsers for a very long time, for security reasons.

Sure, this is only going to be an issue for domains that start with "i",
but it doesn't cost anything to choose a better font.  As long as we're
trying to show the domain, why not try to be as clear as possible?

I certainly agree we should switch to better fonts if we can find them.

Gerv