Maciej Mróz wrote:
> Is it possible to check that setting from JavaScript on webpage? FireFox
> users are generally much more educated when it goes to browser config
> than IE users but it would still be nice if I could somehow inform them
> what specific setting prevents automatic xpi installation. If it just
> fails without warning or info of any kind it's quite a problem for me
> (my company develops online gaming portal with currently _tens_ of xpi
> game plugins).

InstallTrigger.enabled() returns false. The web site will not be able to
tell whether the user has turned off the entire feature or blocked only that
site, but it can tell if it will be able to launch an install.

If Javascript is used to launch the install (again the InstallTrigger
object) then a "true" return value means the install was able to be
launched, false means it was not able to begin because the feature was
turned off (or blocked).

A "true" value does not mean the install was successful, just that it was
able to start. If you want a status code from the install you should use
InstallTrigger.install() and pass an optional callback function. See the
manual for details.

-Dan Veditz