Ofir wrote:
Thanks for your answer,
I have tried to run the firefox in safe mode but i steel cant see the main window of firefox.
Can you point me to the directory where the extensions files are stored?

"Daniel Veditz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ofir wrote:

Hi All,
I have created an installation of an extension for the WinXP firefox. After running the .XPI file the firefox turned to be not visible (the process is running ). I've tried to uninstall firefox, restart my computer but nothing
seems to be wroking.
Does anyone know what could be the resion??

Your extension has a bug that is preventing firefox from starting. Firefox extensions are normally installed into the user profile data directory and uninstalling Firefox will not touch it.

Run firefox with the -safe-mode commandline option which will disable all extensions. You should then be able to uninstall it from the Extensions dialog.

I recently ran into such a problem and -safe-mode didn't work for me either. What ended up being the cause of the problem was a bad path in one of the contents.rdf files. It ultimatley was added to one of the overlay rdf files in my profile directory under chrome/

I hand edited all references to my extensions out of my profile and was then able to launch again. Fixing the path problem and reinstalling the extension fixed the problem.

john