On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> For those that care

I do, IMHO layer II is still high(est) quality, high yet nicely
reduced kbps, rel. fast, and, no lots-of-options compression ;)

>         toolame02f layer II encoder released. Did a little bit of code
> cleaning and re-organising, and its now 15% faster to encode (psy 1).  Still
> plenty more to do, still no time to do it. *sigh*

(sigh^2...Maybe now) I will get round to finally discussing with Mike and
adding some things to toolame; my students and me got some very nice
results speed-optimizing the layer II bitalloc code, but it could still
use some further work, I am looking into that now.

I hope during the next weeks, further details will be discussed a bit
further on:
http://telin.rug.ac.be/~pds/mpeg_audio/xlame/take2.html

regards,
Patrick.