Naoki Shibata wrote:

>   Hi,
>
>   I made a patch to fix some problems of mpglib. And, I updated
> in_mpg123 plugin.
>   Now, maximum differences of outputs of mpglib decoder and
> l3dec 2.60 is 1 for each sample, as far as I tested.
>   And, it seems that output of this plugin is more accurate than
> l3dec. See
>

> http://www.geocities.co.jp/Technopolis/9674/in_mpg123.html

Really? That sounds great! I'll download it right away. By the way, how do you
measure the difference? Isn't there any way to be sure that I'm getting the
100% accurate sound what has been encoded in an MP3 file? And what's the bug
of WinAmp 2.02's Fraunhofer plugin?

>   By the way,
> >(and of course audio equipment, especially sound card in your PC)
>
>   I recommend getting good headphones rather than a good sound card.

Well, I think you must have a good soundcard to get a good output in the first
place! And they aren't even costly nowadays.

> http://www.headphone.com/ProductsHeadphones/SennheiserHD580.asp
> http://www.headphone.com/ProductsHeadphones/EtymoticER4Sasp.asp

Wow. These things are good, but costly too! How about a pair of Grado-SR60s?

http://www.headphone.com/ProductsHeadphones/GradoSR60.asp

The combination of a pair of good headphones with a good sound card can
deliver the sound quality of costly stereo systems.

- Zia