> Could you please explain why side starving is different from intensity
> with position set to center. There must be a difference, but wich one?

Intensity stereo doesn't have scalefactors. (It uses them for stereo
position).  MS stereo _does_ have scalefactors. It's a big difference.

Problem with IS is, it works at a whole sfb. And most of the time, not all
of the sound comes from the same direction; if it did, we wouldn't need
stereo anyway.

Ciao,

Segher

p.s.  I think I found why my starving implementation didn't work; I zeroed
all of these side components, and then the iteration loops wanted-em back
:-||